Flowarte is a Studio of Possibility
Created by Luisa Fernanda Niño, an artist and writer living in Montreal Canada.
This space exists to defend, protect and nourish Creative Independence in a time of too much information, exposure and not enough reflection.
I believe that creative independence is essential for our well-being
I work to foster a different path to art for self-taught, later-in-life and recovering "hustle" artists.
Allow you to let a sigh of relief, like when you've been rushing and you arrive to a resting spot, your pace slows and you finally feel you are in the right path. You are moving forward but you are not out of breath.
I want artists to feel seen, heard, understood and supported.
That you and your work are necessary for your own wellbeing above all.
In Flowarte I help you by offering
Thoughful mini e-books and guides.
Sharing my own personal practice on Patreon through essays, videos, exercises and conversation, as I continue my own path.
And limited mentoring spots.
I'm so happy you are here.
- I love stripes
- My collection of journals and letters by literary figures makes me proud. In my collection I have the journals of Sylvia Plath, Virginia Woolf, Kafka, Susan Sontag, Anais Nin, Erica Jong, Alejandra Pizarnik and so many more I forget.
- I’m quite solitary and I’m never bored.
- No children, but we have a pup. The cutest in the world.
- Favorite podcasts: Public Intellectual and The Jealous Curator.
- I have spasmodic dysphonia which makes it hard to speak at times, but once people get used to it, a good conversation is my favourite thing.
- I’m trilingual: French, Spanish and English
- I wholeheartedly support the LGBT community, the BIPOC communities as well as animal rights.
- I love to engage with critical thinking humans.